Our virtual address and online mail management service helps expats and digital nomads with all of their mail and address needs before, during and after moving away from the UK.
A virtual address is a location that you can use to receive and distribute mail and for services requiring you to provide address information. Virtual addresses aren’t somewhere that you live or visit; they’re accessed and managed remotely through software or other digital means. There are different types of virtual addresses, such as PO Boxes, street addresses and business addresses, but the premise stays the same - a virtual address is a location that you can use in place of a physical address.
What can you use a virtual address for?
Individuals and businesses use virtual addresses for many different reasons, and we don’t place any limitations on what you use your address for. Please be aware of any legal restrictions which would apply to how you use your address, and scenarios where a residential address is needed instead. A virtual address on its own only provides you with an address, but when coupled with an online management solution, the options you have include the following and more:
- Receiving letters and parcels
- Sending letters on your behalf
- Storing mail items
- Digitising post
- For returned goods
- Forwarding letters to other locations
- For your business address needs
The functionality available to you will depend on your virtual address provider, but everything you see in this blog is available through our service.
The different types of virtual addresses
Some virtual addresses are more suited towards some people than others, and each address can have varying features, functionality and costs. We offer several different types of virtual addresses:
- Virtual PO Box - A cheaper option that you can use to receive letters, but comes with more restrictions than the alternatives, such as being unsuitable for businesses.
- Virtual street address - Every virtual address feature you may need, suited towards personal customers.
- Virtual business address - The complete solution for businesses who need a virtual address for any reason.
- Virtual returns address - If you sell products online, you can use a returns address when things need to be sent back to you, but you don’t want to share your home location or you live overseas.
- Virtual redirection address - If you’re moving home or need to redirect mail for whatever reason, this address can be used as your new destination address to receive redirected mail.
- Virtual parcel address - If you need a UK address for receiving parcels, such as you’re shopping from overseas, a parcel address provides you with a delivery location that you can use before having your parcel forwarded to you elsewhere.
What’s the best virtual address?
There is no ‘best’ virtual address as it depends on your reason for needing one and which mail management features you need access to. Our solution couples you with a virtual address and our online platform for mail management, making it one of the best virtual address options available on the market. If you’re looking for the best virtual address in terms of functionality and access to features, then learn about our street addresses if you’re an individual, or our virtual business addresses if you’re a company.
What are the benefits of a virtual address?
Different people utilise their virtual address in different ways, and the benefits of having a virtual address will always be personal to your circumstances. A virtual address offers you much more flexibility over when, where and how you give address information, and depending on where you live, it may be the only way to access UK based products and services. Some of the most common benefits of using a virtual address include:
- You can purchase and use a UK virtual address from anywhere across the world.
- They can be used to receive, store and distribute your post without ever physically touching your mail.
- Your virtual address details will never change, so you won’t need to update your address details as and when you move to new locations.
- They help to keep your private address hidden and offer an additional level of security whenever you provide address information.
- You do not need a physical presence in the UK, so individuals and businesses can still access their UK based post without living here.
- They act as a central hub for all of your mail, so you’ll never miss any mail items or rely on other people to access your post.
- You can move away from fixed locations, such as offices, and utilise a virtual address in place.
- Depending on your current set up, a virtual address may help to save you costs associated with mail management.
How to manage post at your virtual address
As we mentioned above, a virtual address is solely an address that you can use in place of another address. This means that although you can sign up for a virtual address, when you receive post, an additional service is required. During the sign up process you’ll be asked to choose a mail plan. This plan determines how much you’ll pay to receive your mail items, and how much you’ll pay for taking certain actions. You also have the option to choose a flexible pay-as-you-go option, and the mail you receive can be managed via our platform.
Our online mail management platform
Our online mail management platform provides you with all of the functionality you need to manage your mail. From reading letters to asking us to post a letter on your behalf, it’s like having your own post office with you at all times. Combining this functionality with a virtual address provides you with the ability to manage your mail from wherever you are.
How to get your virtual address
To start using your UK virtual address you’ll need to provide us with the relevant identity documents. Once approved, you’ll be able to log into our platform and start using your address alongside the many mail management features we’ve developed. Choose the address and mail plan that is right for you to get started.