Digital nomads are individuals who travel and utilise technology to earn a living and stay connected with the world. Learn about what they are, the software they use, and how our service can help.
Hybrid mail is when an individual or business sends a letter to a postal address without physically sending the item themself. This is often achieved through software or an app that allows you to upload a document. Your document will then be printed and posted to the destination of your choosing, meaning you can send letters from any remote location. Hybrid mail is helping to modernise the way physical mail is posted, making it easier for individuals and businesses who don’t have the time or ability to send letters themselves.
How does the hybrid mail process work?
Depending on the provider you use, the hybrid mail process is simple, easy to understand, and your letter will be sent on the same day you upload your document. We’ve outlined the UK Postbox hybrid mail process below:
- Prepare what you'd like to send in a document using your favourite program, such as Mircrosoft Word, and convert your file into a PDF. Create this to look exactly how you’d like your letter to look.
- Upload your document using our web platform or app.
- Tell us where to post your letter and which postal service you’d like to use, such as tracked or first class.
- We’ll then print your document and send it on your behalf.
- If you selected a tracking option, you’ll be able to view this information within your account.
- When you need to send another letter, just follow the process again!
Does hybrid mail work for parcels?
Hybrid mail is exclusively for sending letters as you have to upload the document for us to send. If you need a parcel sent from the UK, there are other options. Just have the parcel delivered to the address associated with your account, and then we can forward it on to any other location across the globe. Visit our international parcel forwarding page for more information.
What is reverse hybrid mail?
You may have also seen the term ‘reverse hybrid mail’, which is simply the opposite of hybrid mail. This refers to having the ability to receive inbound mail without a physical presence. Anyone with a UK Postbox account has access to both reverse and traditional hybrid mail services, and for a full list of what you can do, please visit our services overview page.
What are the advantages of hybrid mail?
Hybrid mail streamlines the way individuals and companies send letters, offering flexibility and efficiencies. Many individuals who do not have the time or ability to physically post letters themselves use this service to send and respond via mail, and companies can outsource the entire process of outbound letters used for correspondence, mailshots, marketing campaigns and more. Here are some of the core advantages of hybrid mail:.
- You’ll no longer need printing machinery or equipment to send letters.
- You can go paperless and you won’t need to store any stationery.
- In most cases, your letter will be posted faster than if you were to do it yourself.
- It supports hybrid working companies with remote workforces.
- If you’re from overseas and need to send a letter to the UK, you can avoid expensive international postage costs and longer waiting times.
What is hybrid mail used for?
Hybrid mail is an alternative way for individuals and businesses to send various types of letters, documents and mail correspondence. From individual letters to mass marketing campaigns, here are the types of documents being sent through hybrid mail:
- Insurance policy documents
- Personal letters
- Marketing competitions
- Welcome letters and packs
- Customer correspondence
- Utility bills and statements
- Payment reminders
- School admissions
- Banking statements
- Leaflets & flyers
Why choose UK Postbox as your hybrid mail provider?
We have developed an easy-to-use, secure and reliable cloud postal solution for hybrid mail, making it easy to send letters to any address across the globe. Our platform can be accessed using an internet browser or mobile and tablet app, and it’s intuitive, easy to use, and requires no training. Your privacy is also important to us, and all documents or data we receive is encrypted by SSL 128bit until printed. You can also refer to our Trustpilot reviews to see what our customers think of us.
Which UK Postbox account should I choose for hybrid mail services?
Every UK Postbox account is made up of two parts; a virtual address and a mail plan. The right choice for you depends entirely on how you use our service, but if you’re only interested in using us for hybrid mail, we recommend our PO Box virtual address and pay-as-you-go mail plan. You’ll have no subscription costs, and you can pay for our hybrid mail service as and when you need to send a letter.